If you've not yet had the opportunity to check out the list of awesomeness that's scheduled here's a quick rundown. These are straight from the typing fingers of 3rd Friday head hancho organizer, Jamie Heater...
- Live Music from Grateful Floyd on the Plaza!
- Pumpkin Carving Contest! Drop off your pumpkins on Registration Table by the Main Stage. Judging will begin at 6:30! Winner Announced at 7:15! Great Prizes!
- The Powell Building will have a huge interactive Cave Sculpture by sculptor Cori Beardsley, this is so cool! She is also a guest judge for the pumpkn contest!
- Art Institute and Gallery has the 2012 Members Showcase as well as a special exhibit called "Light from the Darkness", an entire installation focusing on recovery from domestic violence. Beautiful stuff!
- Plb Comics will be premiering their first-ever Halloween Special Edition! Comic Fans.... you've been warned! Dont miss it!
- Downtown's Newest Restaurant AQUA is now open and in full swing! From the same culinary genuis that brought us all the Plaza Deli! Gourmet ingredients spun into masterful dishes at casual dining prices!....you gotta love Phil DeVita
- Special Reading by Children's Book Author Jeanne du Nord, of her new book "Marshall Muskrat and the Chesapeake Pirates"! Characters from the book can also be spotted strolling around 3rd Friday! Watch out!!
- Take a Tour of Main Route Coffee's new coming-soon location! YES!! Finally a coffee shop on the Plaza!
- Robinson's Shop on the Corner will be turned into a Artist Co-op and Gallery tonight, with everything from Paintings, Silkscreens by Erick Sahler, Ceramics, Pottery, Pewter and more!
- Tons of Artists on the Plaza including Culling Innovations, Uncle Jons Soap, VDesigns Vintage Jewels, Kacey Carlyle, Sarah Burr, Jenna Cross Davis, Melissa Purnell, Ken Handel, Julie Urian, Plb Comics, Laura Estaline, Laura Leach, Sue Bibb and many more!
And much much more. I'll also be premiering a short video of a painting I created recently of MAD Magazines's main man, Alfred E. Newman. You can check out the finished painting HERE. If you'd like to see the full list of 3rd Friday goodness you can visit their official Facebook page right HERE. See you there!